3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover Chicago’s food, history, architecture and culture on this 3-hour, small-group walking tour. Try six of the Windy City’s quintessential staples from local restaurants and specialty food shops like Pizano’s Pizza and the Berghoff, the oldest family run-establishment in Chicago. Taste local favorites including deep-dish pizza, Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich and chocolates from Fannie May, just to name a few. Along the way, see and learn about the historical, cultural and architectural components that make up this legendary town.
- Take a walking food tour of Chicago
- Enjoy six tastings at local eateries
- Stop at some of the city’s iconic locations
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Visit 6 eateries -such as Fannie May Chocolates serving Chicagoans decadent chocolates since 1920.
Visit Pizano's - a family tradition serving 'World Famous Deep Dish Pizza” for over 60 years.
Lead by a professional tour guide
Enjoy a surprise savory stop! It's a Chicago staple you won't want to miss out on!
NOTE: From December until February The Berghoff will be replaced with the Billy Goat Tavern
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Parking: We recommend using the SpotHero app for half off parking. However, local garages are available near our starting location on Madison St.
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a walking tour, please be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Tours provides substitutions for vegetarians and those with shellfish allergies, but cannot make substitutions for any other food allergies (such as gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.) or food lifestyles choices (vegan, low-carb, etc.). Due to the fact that all tastings have been prepared in advance (based on information provided to us at the time of bookings) substitutions must be requested in advance with your ticket purchase. Please make a note in your "special request" portion at checkout
- From November 22 until January 1, the Berghoff will be replaced with the Billy Goat Tavern.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour will not be able to accommodate last minute changes
- 3 hour small- group walking food tasting excursion lead by a professional guide
- You'll indulge in 6 of Chicago's quintessential staples while feeding your mind with intriguing and rememberable tidbits along the way
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tastebud Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "If you find yourself in the Chicago area this tour is a must." See review
- "The stop at the Cultural Center was truly something to see, don't hesitate, do it, its a great tour!" See review
- "Don't miss this tour and hopefully, get Elizabeth as your guide Great personality made it so fun and interesting!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Famous Tastes of Chicago Food Tour
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesCity ToursWalking ToursStreet Food Tours Half-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesChicagoFood Tours - IllinoisUnique Experiences - IllinoisCity Tours - IllinoisWalking Tours - IllinoisStreet Food Tours - IllinoisHalf-day Tours - IllinoisFood Tours - NashvilleUnique Experiences - NashvilleCity Tours - NashvilleWalking Tours - NashvilleStreet Food Tours - NashvilleHalf-day Tours - NashvilleFood Tours - PittsburghUnique Experiences - PittsburghCity Tours - PittsburghWalking Tours - PittsburghStreet Food Tours - PittsburghHalf-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
Harold Washington Library Center (Chicago Public Library)Driehaus MuseumAmerican Writers MuseumChicago Botanic GardenChicago Picasso (The Picasso)360 Chicago Observation Deck (Formerly John Hancock Observatory)Medieval Times ChicagoRookery Building Hard Rock Cafe ChicagoUniversity of ChicagoLincoln Park ConservatoryLEGOLAND® Discovery Center ChicagoChicago ChinatownPrairie Avenue Historic DistrictChicago Board of Trade BuildingWrigleyvilleNavy PierJackson ParkArt Institute of ChicagoMuseum of Science and Industry