4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Take a break from the beach on this adventurous Dominican Republic eco-tour. Hike along a forest trail and across streams as your guide fills you in on the area’s local wildlife—including trees, birds, and other plants—all en route to a fabulous waterfall. Tour includes port pickup and drop-off from Puerto Plata and unlimited rum punch, making this an ideal Dominican Republic shore excursion.
- Guided hike in the Dominican Republic from Amber Cove or Taino Bay
- Opportunity to see native wildlife, including birds, trees, and other tropical plants
- Stop at a waterfall long enough to swim and snap photos
- Port pickup and drop-off included from Amber Cove or Taino Bay
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Transportation by air-conditioned van or mini bus
Live commentary on board
Complimentary rum punch following the hike
Gratuities (optional yet appreciated)
Participants who do not arrive with appropriate footwear will be required to rent shoes for $2
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please print/download meet instructions, map and information specific to your FUN Tour or REAL Adventure which will be sent to you by your shore excursion operator via the Viator system. Please check emails for updates and all instructions and map :-)
Amber Cove: Just Outside the Main Gate
Taino Bay, Puerto Plata: Just Outside the Main Gate
- Amber Cove, Maimón, 57000, Dominican Republic
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
1/1/2019 - 1/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
2/1/2022 - 1/31/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This activity is not suitable for participants with back problems, heart complaints, respiratory issues or other serious medical conditions or for pregnant women
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Cane and walker users may not participate.
- Participants will cross small streams in order to arrive at the waterfall. Appropriate footwear is required (water shoes, sneakers that can get wet or sport sandals with a back strap). Participants who do not arrive with appropriate footwear will be required to rent shoes for $2 once at the hike start point
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Puerto Plata Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Waterfall Trek & Swim Shore Excursion - All Ports - Puerto Plata?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Waterfall Trek & Swim Shore Excursion - All Ports - Puerto Plata?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Waterfall Trek & Swim Shore Excursion - All Ports - Puerto Plata?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Waterfall Trek & Swim Shore Excursion - All Ports - Puerto Plata?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Waterfall Trek & Swim Shore Excursion - All Ports - Puerto Plata
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingDominican RepublicShore Excursions - Punta CanaBus Tours - Punta CanaPorts of Call Tours - Punta CanaHalf-day Tours - Punta CanaShore Excursions - Puerto PlataBus Tours - Puerto PlataPorts of Call Tours - Puerto PlataHalf-day Tours - Puerto PlataShore Excursions - La RomanaBus Tours - La RomanaPorts of Call Tours - La RomanaHalf-day Tours - La RomanaCategory
Taino Park Tours & TicketsEncuentro Beach (Playa Encuentro) Tours & TicketsChavón River (Río Chavón) Tours & TicketsLa Hacienda Park Tours & TicketsBoca de Yuma Tours & TicketsHoyo Azul Lagoon Tours & TicketsPomier Caves Tours & TicketsCayo Paraiso (Paradise Island) Tours & TicketsBrugal Rum Center Tours & TicketsJuanillo Beach (Playa Juanillo) Tours & TicketsAlcázar de Colón (Columbus Palace) Tours & TicketsCasa Ponce de León Tours & TicketsMonument of Santiago (Monumento a los Héroes de la Restauración) Tours & TicketsFort San Felipe (Fortaleza San Felipe) Tours & TicketsPalacio de Bellas Artes Tours & TicketsRío Caño Frío Tours & TicketsLemon Lagoon Bay Tours & TicketsCoco Bongo Punta Cana Tours & TicketsColumbus Park (Parque Colon) Tours & TicketsNational Palace Tours & Tickets