4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in Britain’s world war seaside history with this private day trip to the Kent coast. After a visit to the Edwardian seaside town of Folkestone, you’ll check out the Battle of Britain Memorial where original Spitfire and Hurricane planes can be seen. Look out at the sea from the White Cliffs of Dover, then visit an English tearoom for a traditional cream tea. Perfect for modern British history buffs, the excursion offers a more personal tour with your own private guide.
- Make use of a pickup and drop-off from a wide choice of locations in Kent
- Hear World War I history as you explore the Battle of Britain Memorial
- Scout out the best photo spots during a walk at the White Cliffs of Dover
- Browse a World War II museum after a quintessentially English cream tea
Saved to wishlist!
Bottled water in vehicle
All activities as per itinerary
Professional Private Hire Driver/guide, Member of DGA (Driver Guides Association)
Audio headsets to hear guide clearly both in and out of vehicle
Complimentary hotel, port or station pickup and drop-off as specified
Private small-group tour of up to 6 people
Transportation in fully licensed air-conditioned MPV
Fuel, parking costs and tolls
Departure & Return
Dover Cruise TerminalAny railway station or hotel in or around Folkestone, Ashford, Canterbury or Dover (please advise your preferred pick-up location at the time of booking)
6/21/2021 - 12/16/2022
|Tuesday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important: If you require a train station or port pick up, please advise your station/port information and arrival times at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Tour duration is up to 5hrs. The exact duration of transfers and of the excursion will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY England Plus Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during A private guided tour of World War 2 sites along the Kent Coast?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during A private guided tour of World War 2 sites along the Kent Coast?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDoverShore Excursions - South East EnglandBus Tours - South East EnglandNature and Wildlife - South East EnglandWalking Tours - South East EnglandPorts of Call Tours - South East EnglandHalf-day Tours - South East EnglandCategory