- Full-day dinner in the desert excursion with transport from Dubai
- Travel by open-roof vintage Land Rover through Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation
- Look out for desert wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx
- Spend the evening at a Bedouin-inspired camp in the grounds of a royal retreat
- Enjoy live bread making and coffee making, falconry display, traditional dancing and more
- A donation to the Dubai Desert conservation reserve will be made on your behalf for participating on this tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Dubai. Please indicate your Hotel in the comment section if not found from the options.
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year based on sunset times. Please use the following schedule as a guideline when planning your day and preparing for pick-up
October – February: 14:30h-15:30h
March – May: 15:00h-16:00h
June – September: 15:30h-16:30h
A confirmation of your exact pick-up time will be communicated to you via e-mail or a phone call around 13:00h on the day of the excursion. Should you not hear from us, please contact us.
What To Expect
Then, with an experienced driver at the wheel, set off through the beautiful Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, a protected haven for desert wildlife. On route, listen to interesting stories about Dubai’s history and an introduction to the traditional desert activities on offer this evening.
As you rumble through the sands, look for wildlife such as Arabian gazelles and oryx. Then, as the sun sets, stop for a fascinating display of falconry. Watch as the birds soar through the air and swoop for lures.
Back aboard your Land Rover, drive to a Bedouin-style desert camp in the grounds of a private royal retreat. Admire the beautiful setting of plush tents and outdoor cushions cast in the flickering light of flame torches.
Before dinner, enjoy an array of Emirati activities. Savor an Arabic coffee, watch a bread-making demonstration, get a henna tattoo and take a camel ride.
Next, take a seat at a shared, low Bedouin-style table for a delicious multi-course dinner of Emirati specialities. (See the Itinerary for a sample menu.) Afterward, smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) if you wish, and enjoy displays of Arabic folk dancing and music as the stars light up the sky.
Then, ride your Land Rover back through the sands to the camp entrance. Board an air-conditioned minivan and return to Dubai, where your experience ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Dubai desert can get cooler in the evenings during winter, so we recommend you bring a light jacket and closed shoes
- Please note: Guides in the following languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Chinese, ) are upon request and availability.
- Children under 5 years are not permitted on shared car and need a private car booking (Please search for activity: Dinner and Emirati Activities with Private Vintage Land Rover Product code: 6183P20?).
- Not recommended for pregnant women in their third trimester
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Platinum Heritage
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Dubai Heritage Land Rover Desert Safari with Traditional Dinner & Entertainment.