- Full-day Celtic trip from Dublin to Boyne Valley
- Visit some of the oldest sites in Ireland with a guide
- See 6,000-year-old artwork carved in the passage tombs at Loughcrew
- Travel to the Hill of Tara from where the High Kings ruled the country 1,000 years ago
Departure & Return
Please be there 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head to the ancient town of Trim, just a short ride through Ireland’s picturesque countryside. See the famous Trim Castle set along the River Boyne. Constructed in the 1170s, this monument remains the largest Anglo-Norman castle in Ireland.
Then, at the Loughcrew Cairns passage tombs, walk through the winding stone passageways with your knowledgeable guide and ponder the 6,000-year-old petroglyphs that adorn the walls.
Continue to the Fore Abbey, a 7th-century Christian monastery, and the Hill of Uisneach, arguably one of the most important ancient site in Ireland today.
Next, board the bus back to Dublin. Your tour returns to the starting point in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child seats must be provided by parent or guardian
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is guided in English, however we do offer a free app that can be downloaded that has translations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Irish Day Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Celtic Boyne Valley Day Trip from Dublin.