Explore our promoted experiences
- 5-day Orkney Island tour from Edinburgh including the Highlands
- Travel through the breathtaking Highlands in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Pass through John o’Groats and cross Pentland Firth by ferry to the Orkney Islands
- Visit historical Orkney attractions including the Italian Chapel on Lamb Holm and the Neolithic village of Skara Brae
- Stop at Culloden Moor near Inverness, the site of the final Jacobite uprising in the 19th century
- Enjoy overnight stays in Inverness and Ullapool plus two nights in Kirkwall, capital of the Orkney Islands
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Gate J & K, Edinburgh Bus Station, St. Andrew Square, Edinburgh
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
During the next days, travel by mini-coach and ferry, crossing the Pentland Firth to the sparsely inhabited Orkney Island—an ancient archipelago comprised of around 70 islands. Savor the unspoiled scenery and touches of Viking history that surround you, including ancient standing stones and prehistoric villages like Skara Brae. Your return trip crosses the Highlands, stopping at historic landmarks like Ardvreck Castle, Culloden Moo,r and Clava Cairns. Enjoy active days soaking up Scottish culture and nature and evenings at your leisure in Inverness, Kirkwall, and Ullapool.
Your tour includes round-trip transport, four nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel or guesthouse (single or twin accommodation available) and daily breakfasts.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age for travel on this tour is 5 years
- Please note: you will be required to choose between either a 3-star bed and breakfast or 3-star hotel at time of booking
- Booking three or more people? We can accommodate up to 8 guests in a group, please add each required room to your basket separately
- When booking three or more people, efforts will be made to book a combination of suitable rooms (double/twin/family). Preferences should be noted upon booking in the Special Requirements section
- Family rooms are limited and may be available on request. Maximum of 2 Adults and 1 child in one room. Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children are not available
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 20kg of luggage (44lbs); one medium sized suitcase/bag similar to airline standard carry-on luggage (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Italian Chapel – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Skara Brae - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Maeshowe – Our timings and tickets with this attraction are currently under review due to the coronavirus.
- Culloden - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 22 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 21 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 21 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Accomodations Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff