1 day (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Travel from Edinburgh over the Scottish border to England and back on this 1-day borders and Alnwick Castle tour from Edinburgh. Visit the impressive ruins of Melrose Abbey where Robert the Bruce’s heart is buried, with a guide. Take an optional tour of Alnwick Castle, made famous in the ‘Harry Potter’ movies, and learn to fly like a wizard! Explore the grand salons and underground cellars, or take a stroll through the gardens.
- 1-day tour between Scotland and England including Alnwick Castle from Edinburgh
- Explore the ruins of Melrose Abbey, where Robert the Bruce’s heart lies, with a guide
- Enjoy an optional tour of Alnwick Castle’s impressive cellars, gardens and salons
- Tour includes round-trip travel from Edinburgh
Saved to wishlist!
Mercedes air-conditioned vehicle
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Highland Experience Tours , Royal Mile, 1 Parliament Square, Edinburgh EH1 1RE, UKThis activity will end right where it started.
Inside Caffe Nero next to St Giles Cathedral.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 3 years not accepted
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Experience Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh
6 hours 30 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursOvernight ToursHistorical ToursMovie ToursFull-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingEdinburghBus Tours - St. AndrewsOvernight Tours - St. AndrewsHistorical Tours - St. AndrewsMovie Tours - St. AndrewsFull-day Tours - St. AndrewsBus Tours - StirlingOvernight Tours - StirlingHistorical Tours - StirlingMovie Tours - StirlingFull-day Tours - StirlingBus Tours - GlasgowOvernight Tours - GlasgowHistorical Tours - GlasgowMovie Tours - GlasgowFull-day Tours - GlasgowCategory
Scottish National Portrait Gallery Tours & TicketsGreyfriars Kirk Tours & TicketsReal Mary King's Close Tours & TicketsLauriston Castle Tours & TicketsSt. Columba's Bay Tours & TicketsForth Road Bridge Tours & TicketsMuseum of Edinburgh (Huntly House) Tours & TicketsRoyal Observatory Tours & TicketsGladstone’s Land Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Scotland Tours & TicketsScottish Parliament Tours & TicketsMelrose Abbey Tours & TicketsRoyal Yacht Britannia (HMY Britannia) Tours & TicketsGeorgian House Tours & TicketsRoyal Scottish Academy Tours & TicketsCastle Rock Tours & TicketsSt. Giles Cathedral Tours & TicketsFalkland Palace and Garden Tours & TicketsEdinburgh Old Town Tours & TicketsGrassmarket Tours & Tickets