2 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Guarantee entrance to one of Edinburgh's most popular attractions, and skip the ticket line by pre-booking your admission to the Camera Obscura and World of Illusions. Choose your allotted time slot and get ready to enjoy the spectacle of mind-bending illusions and hands-on exhibits.
- Guarantee entrance to one of Edinburgh's busiest attractions by pre-booking
- Skip the lines of people waiting to purchase tickets at the door
- Choose your preferred time slot
- Discover the original virtual reality, made by the Victorians 150 years ago
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible - this attraction is within a six-story building which is listed and therefore cannot have a lift installed.
- Children under the age of 5 go free
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Party sizes / groups of over 10 visitors need to book directly with the attraction.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Camera Obscura & World of Illusions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "it can get overwhelming specially with the vortex in 2nd floor but you can go out for lunch / coffee and just go back when you feel like it." See review
- "This place is a must, for children of all ages or even those without children." See review
- "I would recommend to go in groups for better enjoyment." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket
2 to 4 hours
4 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingEdinburghAttractions & Museums - St. AndrewsMuseum Tickets & Passes - St. AndrewsAttractions & Museums - StirlingMuseum Tickets & Passes - StirlingAttractions & Museums - GlasgowMuseum Tickets & Passes - GlasgowCategory
Castle RockRoyal ObservatoryScottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two (Dean Gallery)Ocean TerminalEdinburgh ZooGrassmarketLinlithgow LochLoch LomondRoyal Botanic Garden EdinburghMuseum of Edinburgh (Huntly House)Lauriston CastleNewhailes HouseAlnwick CastleEdinburgh DungeonNational Museum of ScotlandHopetoun HouseScottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One) Melrose AbbeyThe CanongateRoyal Scottish Academy