- Evening ghost and ghouls tour of Edinburgh
- Venture into the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Enjoy a dram of Scotch whisky in Megget's Cellar
- Hear stories of Edinburgh’s dark history from a storyteller guide
Departure & Return
Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF. Look for the 8 sided monument with white Unicorn on top. You will find a member of our visitor services team waiting here to check you in. They will be dressed in black, holding an iPad, wearing an orange lanyard & holding a black & orange umbrella.
Megget`s Cellar, 28 Blair Street, EH1 1QR. This tour ends in Megget's Cellar, which is located half way down the stairs to the Blair Street Underground Vaults, right underneath our main booking office.
What To Expect
Hear about the riots of the Edinburgh Mob as you pass the Mercat Cross, then descend into the Blair Street Underground Vaults to uncover the secrets of that lie beneath the city streets. Don’t be surprised if you sense some ghostly happenings—ghosts like Jack, Mr. Boots, and The Watcher reside here.
Finally, finish your tour in the atmosphere room at Megget's Cellar, where you are served a dram of Scotch whisky to help calm your nerves before you venture back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 5yrs and above only
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mercat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms