9 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore coastal routes around Edinburgh and the ancient kingdom of Northumbria on this 9.5-hour Holy Island, Alnwick Castle and Northumberland tour from Edinburgh. Head south across the Scottish border into English with a guide, and visit Holy Island and the peaceful village of Lindesfarne. Discover local attractions such as Lindesfarne Castle and the Priory, and explore the market town of Alnwick. Travel through Flodden Field — the battlefield where the English and Scots met in battle in 1513 — and gain insight into British history. Then, return in comfort to Edinburgh.
- Traverse the Scottish border on a full-day tour of Northumbria
- Visit Holy Island and the charming village of Lindesfarne
- Discover top sites of interest including Lindesfarne and Alnwick Castles
- Explore Alnwick and Flodden Field, an ancient battle site
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PE, UK
The tour departs from outside Ensign Ewart
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years old.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The castle, gardens & priory currently need to be pre-booked, details will be provided on the ticket.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Digital translations available on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive a minimum of 15 minutes before your tour's departure time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- OPERATED BY Timberbush Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Holy Island, Alnwick Castle & The Kingdom of Northumbria from Edinburgh
9 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
9 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingEdinburghBus Tours - St. AndrewsHistorical Tours - St. AndrewsFull-day Tours - St. AndrewsBus Tours - StirlingHistorical Tours - StirlingFull-day Tours - StirlingBus Tours - GlasgowHistorical Tours - GlasgowFull-day Tours - GlasgowCategory
St. Columba's Bay Tours & TicketsAlnwick Castle Tours & TicketsGreyfriars Kirk Tours & TicketsScottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Modern One) Tours & TicketsRosslyn Castle (Roslin Castle) Tours & TicketsRoyal Yacht Britannia (HMY Britannia) Tours & TicketsLauriston Castle Tours & TicketsBlackness Castle Tours & TicketsEdinburgh Cruise Port at Leith Tours & TicketsPreston Mill & Phantassie Doocot Tours & TicketsRoyal Observatory Tours & TicketsRoyal Botanic Garden Edinburgh Tours & TicketsGrassmarket Tours & TicketsRoyal Scottish Academy Tours & TicketsScottish National Gallery of Modern Art Two (Dean Gallery) Tours & TicketsNewhailes House Tours & TicketsMelrose Abbey Tours & TicketsRosslyn Chapel Tours & TicketsGladstone’s Land Tours & TicketsEdinburgh Dungeon Tours & Tickets