Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Round-trip ferry from Ceiba to Culebra and all equipment included as an added convenience
- Snorkel among coral formations, tropical fish, and sea turtles
- Unwind at one of the world's top beaches—Flamenco Beach
- Enjoy a full-day kayaking and snorkeling excursion to Culebra
Departure & Return
Meet your Tour Guide in front of the boarding area for your ferry tickets and to go over details for your travels. He or she will be holding a sign and/or wearing a red shirt that reads "Kayaking Puerto Rico".
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Board the ferry for the ride to Culebra, relax and enjoy the tropical scenery on the way. You are met by a guide as you disembark, then check in at the adventure center and munch some provided snacks as you complete some paperwork. Restrooms and changing areas are available onsite.
Transfer to Tamarindo Beach, on the west coast of Culebra, where you launch your kayaks and explore for the remainder of the tour. Paddle through the calm, warm waters of the Luis Pena Marine Reserve before slipping on your snorkel gear and diving in. In the company of your guide, see impressive coral formations and schools of tropical fish before heading to shore for some snacks and refreshments. Rest a bit while your guide fills you in on the history and ecosystem of Culebra, then head back into the water to explore the seagrass beds frequented by stingrays, green and hawksbill turtles.
Continue to Flamenco Beach, where you can purchase food for lunch and relax in the sun. Your guide meets you at the Flamenco Beach parking lot for the trip back to the Culebra Ferry Terminal, after which you travel back to Ceiba.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Check In Time: Please arrive to Ceiba Ferry Terminal at 7:30am for parking, check in and boarding process. The ferry is scheduled to depart at 9:00am, however the Ceiba Ferry Terminal requires all guests to arrive at least one hour prior. In order to have time to park and check in, we recommend that you arrive 1.5 hours in advance at 7:30am. If you arrive after you risk missing the ferry and your tour.
- Maximum Weight Limit: 250 lbs per one guest | up to 425 lbs combined per kayak.
- Minimum Age: 6 years old | Participants Ages 6-13 must be accompanied by an adult on the same kayak | Participants Ages 14-17 must have an adult participating on the tour.
- We cannot accommodate 3 participants in one kayak.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All guests must be able to communicate in English or Spanish.
- What to Wear & Bring: Mask (will get wet - we recommend cloth or bringing an extra), Cell phone (in the event that we need to contact you or you need to contact us prior to the excursion), Bathing suit (already have on), Protection from the sun - hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt or rash guard, biodegradable sunblock, etc., Towel and change of clothes for after the excursion, Shoes that can get wet (flip flops or water shoes are fine), Camera (recommended only if waterproof).
- If you would like to take your cell phone on the excursion for photos, make sure it is waterproof or bring a waterproof bag to store it in.
- Have a hearty breakfast: Lunch will not be available until around 1:30pm at the Flamenco Beach Kiosks (not included - bring cash).
- Bring your own lunch: We recommend to pack your lunch to maximize your beach time at Flamenco Beach and avoid standing in line to purchase at the Kiosks.
- We will provide light snacks and refreshments, but feel free to bring your own.
- DO NOT BRING ANY VALUABLES OR ITEMS THAT CANNOT GET WET – lost items are very hard to find in the water, and anything you take with you will get wet!
- Parking: Upon arrival to the Ferry Terminal, follow the signs to the parking lot. Once you park your car you will take a shuttle to the entrance of the Ferry Terminal.
- Check In/Ferry Tickets: You will meet your Tour Guide in front of the boarding area. He/she will be holding a sign and/or wearing a red shirt that reads "Kayaking Puerto Rico" and will provide your round trip ferry tickets and share all important details for your travels.
- Reminder: Kayaking Puerto Rico is not affiliated in any way to the Ceiba Ferry Terminal (The Puerto Rico Maritime Transport Authority), therefore has no control over ferry delays or cancelations.
- IMPORTANT: Please call to book if you have an odd number party.
- Not recommended for travelers with recent surgery, cast or injuries
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kayaking Puerto Rico
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms