1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
The Galileo Museum, formerly known as the Institute and Museum for the History of Science, filled with scientific instruments that date back to the 13th century, including a telescope Galileo once used. Ancient barometers, globes, microscopes, quadrants, and more delight both science and history enthusiasts. There is also a giant sundial on the premises. Choose your time of entry to the Galileo Museum, and skip the lines when you arrive.
- History and scientists appreciate the vast collection of instruments dating to the 1400s
- Learn about Galileo and his contributions to the scientific study of the universe
- Purchase your ticket in advance to avoid the lines at the museum
- Choose an admission time to best suit your vacation schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Important note: you will be assigned an exact entrance time which will be the one you have to respect in order to make the visit. The time can be any time during the opening time and will be indicated on the voucher issued by the provider, within one business day from your booking request
- School/class bookings need to be made directly with the museum
- Access for visitors with disabilities: Visitors with reduced mobility can use the entrance in Lungarno Anna Maria de’ Medici, where they can call for assistance if required. The museum is entirely barrier-free.
- PLEASE NOTICE: Confirmed time is not always the same time you requested; museum automatically confirms the closest available time (any time) on the same date if requested time is sold out.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- The use of the mask is mandatory for visitors and museum staff during the whole time spent inside the museum.
- The museum has adopted a variety of rules in order to limit the possibility of contagions: - Limitation of entrances and exit - Social distancing in places like restourants, shops, and public places inside the museum - Use of signs to enforce the physical distance of at least 1 meter - Dispenser are available in several areas of the museums for hand sanitization - Daily cleaning of rooms, work stations and public places inside the museum are ensured - The staff at the museum could measure you body heat by the use of a thermometer
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Weekend in Italy
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Skip the Line: Galileo Museum Ticket
1 to 2 hours
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursAttractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingFlorenceSkip-the-Line Tours - TuscanyAttractions & Museums - TuscanyMuseum Tickets & Passes - TuscanySkip-the-Line Tours - ChiantiAttractions & Museums - ChiantiMuseum Tickets & Passes - ChiantiSkip-the-Line Tours - San GimignanoAttractions & Museums - San GimignanoMuseum Tickets & Passes - San GimignanoCategory
Stibbert MuseumVilla GamberaiaPonte Santa TrinitaBuontalenti Grotto (Grotta del Buontalenti)Perseus StatueHard Rock Cafe FlorencePiazza Santa CrocePiazza della RepubblicaPharmacy of Santa Maria NovellaGucci Garden (Gucci Museo)Florence Baptistery (Battistero di San Giovanni)Sant'Ambrogio Market (Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio)Vasari Corridor (Corridoio Vasariano)Barberino Designer Outlet Leonardo Da Vinci MuseumOrsanmichele Church and Museum (Chiesa e Museo di Orsanmichele)Piazza della SignoriaSan FredianoLeonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)Ospedale degli Innocenti