2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover the secrets of the Medici family of Florence, with a private tour that visits the villas where they once lived. The de facto rulers of Renaissance Florence owned Villa Petraia and Villa di Castello in the city, and they transformed them into elegant palaces that were fit for royalty. Hear how their wealth allowed them to amass the treasures inside the villas, and learn about their power during their rule.
- Medici Florence walking tour with a private guide
- Visit the decadent villas that were owned by the Medici family
- Stroll around the manicured lawns of Villa Petraia
- Wander amid fountains and mosaics at Villa di Castello
- Hear fun facts about the family and their Renaissance-era rule
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Villa La Petraia, 50141 Firenze FI, Italy
In front of the main gate Villa La Petraia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour of the Medici Family Villa in Florence?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour of the Medici Family Villa in Florence?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour of the Medici Family Villa in Florence?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour of the Medici Family Villa in Florence?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour of the Medici Family Villa in Florence
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursTrolley Tours Art ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingFlorenceBus Tours - TuscanyTrolley Tours - TuscanyArt Tours - TuscanyBus Tours - ChiantiTrolley Tours - ChiantiArt Tours - ChiantiBus Tours - San GimignanoTrolley Tours - San GimignanoArt Tours - San GimignanoCategory
Galileo Museum (Museo Galileo)St Mark’s Anglican ChurchPrada OutletSalvatore Ferragamo MuseumPonte Santa TrinitaPiazza di Santa Maria NovellaFlorence Baptistery (Battistero di San Giovanni)Basilica of San Lorenzo (Basilica di San Lorenzo)Bargello Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello) Florence Central Market (Mercato Centrale)Hard Rock Cafe FlorenceLeonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano di Vinci)Buontalenti Grotto (Grotta del Buontalenti)Arno RiverBrunelleschi's Dome (Cupola del Brunelleschi)Piazza della SignoriaAuditorium Santo Stefano al Ponte VecchioPerseus StatueOpera del Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)Florence American Cemetery and Memorial