- Private tour of the Santa Croce Basilica and Leather School in Florence
- Visit the world's largest Franciscan church
- Admire the ornate tombs of some of Italy's most famous artists and intellectuals
- Watch artisans at work at the Leather School, which dates back to the Late Middle Ages
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Departure & Return
Starting Time: Morning Option at 11:00 am - Afternoon Option at 02.30 pm Meeting with the guide at the entrance of Santa Croce Basilica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about the nearly 700-year history of Santa Croce from your expert guide as you wander through the various chapels adorned with frescoes by Renaissance masters such as Donatello and Giotto. See the many magnificent tombs and funerary monuments that mark the final resting place some of Italy's greatest artists and thinkers, including Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Ghiberti. Pass through the solid marble pillars of the Brunelleschi Cloister, and take in the serenity of the Pazzi Chapel inside the Ancient Cloister.
Visit the adjacent Leather School, where Franciscan monks began working with leather as early as the 13th century. Learn how the workshop’s location near the Arno River provided the water supply needed for early leatherworking methods, and watch skilled artisans at work carrying on this Florentine tradition as they create purses, bags, and belts by hand using time-honored methods.
Please note: The Leather School is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms