- Private tour of Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
- Explore the Piazza della Signoria, the historical heart of Florence
- See the copy of Michelangelo’s 'David' and Loggia dei Lanzi sculpture gallery
- Skip-the-line tour of the Palazzo Vecchio, including the Hall of the Five Hundred and Monumental Quarters
- Choose a morning or afternoon departure
- Personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Entrance Time: Morning Option between 09.00 am and 11.00 am - Afternoon Option: 02.00 pm and 04.00 pm Meeting with the guide in Piazza della Signoria, at the statue of Cosimo on horse back
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After introductions, stroll around the magnificent square, the center of Florence’s political life since the 14th century. Listen as your guide spotlights the main sights, and admire the statue of David by Michelangelo — a copy of the original that is now housed inside Florence’s Accademia Gallery.
Then, see the sculptures in the Loggia dei Lanzi, the square's open-air gallery, viewing works like Perseus with the Head of Medusa by Cellini and The Rape of the Sabine Women by Giambologna.
Next, admire the castle-like exterior and Arnolfo’s Tower of the 13th-century Palazzo Vecchio, the square’s main building. The city hall and seat of civic power in Florence for seven centuries, the palace was used as a residence by Duke Cosimo I de’ Medici from 1540 on, before the famous ruling family relocated to the city’s Palazzo Pitti.
Bypass the main entrance lines using your skip-the-line ticket, and take a tour with your guide. Learn how the building was originally designed by Arnolfo di Cambio, and how Cosimo I appointed Giorgio Vasari to transform what had been a political hub into a grand palace.
Admire the elegant courtyards, and walk through the magnificently decorated rooms. Marvel at the imposing Hall of the Five Hundred (Salone del Cinquecento), with its vast painted panels glorifying the Medici. Then, explore the Monumental Quarters (Quartieri Monumentali), a string of salons adorned with frescoes by artists such as Ghirlandaio, Bronzino, and Vasari; and sculptures by Michelangelo and Donatello.
Your tour then finishes near the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- No Health restrictions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms