- Full day trip to Connemara from Galway city with an expert guide
- Explore Ross Errilly Friary, one of Ireland’s best preserved Franciscan friaries
- Spend time at leisure in Cong village, where 'The Quiet Man' was filmed in the 1950s
- Visit Kylemore Abbey and admire its Victorian walled gardens (entry at your own expense)
- Transport by luxury coach
Departure & Return
Please check in at the Galway Tour Company Office located on a ground floor of the Kinlay Hostel
What To Expect
After thorough exploration, travel onward to Cong village to delight in the quaintness of the setting for John Wayne epic movie, The Quiet Man. Stroll the cobbled streets during some leisurely free time, perhaps ambling over to Cong Woods to see the 11th-century Ashford Castle.
Head next to County Connemara, home to the unspoiled glacier lake, Loch Na Fooey, and absorb sweeping countryside vistas. Listen to tales of Connemara’s rich culture and learn about the time-honored Irish traditions that are still preserved in the region.
Next, venture to Kylemore Abbey and immerse yourself in the sacred ambience of an ancient Benedictine abbey shrouded in history. Hear legends surrounding the construction of the abbey and enter the abbey at your own expense. Spend ample time inside the Irish national treasure, opting to enjoy lunch at your own expense if you wish.
On the return journey to Galway, meander through the incredible tableau of Connemara’s Inagh Valley and the Mamm Turks Mountains and then bid your guide and group farewell on arrival at Galway Coach Station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Galway Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms