Explore our promoted experiences
- Admission to the Grand Canyon IMAX movie
- Experience the riveting movie on a six-story screen with 12,000 watts of digital surround sound
- Travel through the canyon's history
- Find out how it would feel to fly over the canyon like a condor
- Upgrade to enjoy a light meal and drink at the IMAX theater!
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointGrand Canyon Visitor Center, 450 State Route 64, Tusayan, AZ 86023
What To Expect
The featured film is a 34-minute journey over, around and through the Grand Canyon. Explore all 277 miles with the mysterious Anasazi, ancestors of the modern Pueblo Indians, who inhabited the canyon 4,000 years ago, and John Wesley Powell, famous for his exploration of the canyon and the raging Colorado River in 1869. Then fly like an eagle over the rim and swoop into the depths of the canyons, complete with a whitewater rafting trip down the raging Colorado River below.
Upgrade your IMAX experience to include the choice of an entrée and drink at one of the on-site eateries. Choose from an Asian rice bowl with veggies, soup and salad, fresh deli sandwich and chips, plus a side dish and a drink.
To truly experience the Grand Canyon in all its powerful glory, get the Grand Canyon National Geographic Visitor Center’s IMAX Theater experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY IMAX Grand Canyon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms