- Luxury speedboat cruise to UNESCO-listed Can Gio Biosphere Reserve
- Zoom past canals to a riverside market at the gateway to the Mekong Delta
- Explore Giant Bat Lagoon by rowboat and visit a crocodile reserve
- Search for gibbons, monkeys and migratory birds in Vam Sat Eco Park on a mangrove walk
- Enjoy on-board breakfast and a delicious Vietnamese lunch at a riverside restaurant
- Round-trip hotel transport from Ho Chi Minh City by air-conditioned vehicle included
- Small-group limited to 14 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Enjoy a light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, tropical fruit and Vietnamese coffee onboard your boat during the 2-hour journey to Can Gio. Once the target of chemical warfare, the UNESCO-designated Can Gio Biosphere Reserve, located south of Ho Chi Minh City, is teeming with wildlife and biodiversity in lush mangrove forests.
Make several scenic stops on your way to the reserve. Take in the bustling Can Giuoc Market, where you can sample local fruits and get great photo ops. Then cruise past a tapestry of green paddy fields, tropical fruit trees and water palms before moving into a landscape of mangroves.
Your guide explains the features of Can Gio, one of Vietnam’s most important ecosystems, where more than 52 flora species and 200 fauna species live. Visit traditional fishing hamlets, then cruise the tranquil waters of Giant Bat Lagoon in a rowboat. Your guide leads a short trek through the mangroves to a private riverside location where have a traditional Vietnamese lunch.
After lunch, head to Vam Sat Eco Park. There, you might spot gibbons and monkeys, try crab fishing and go bird watching for local and migratory bird species. See a crocodile reserve (and feed them via a fishing rod if you wish) to learn about the once-plentiful crocs that were hunted to near extinction. Alternatively, take another mangrove jungle walk with your guide.
Depart Can Gio in the afternoon, returning to Ho Chi Minh City by boat. At the central pier, transfer to your air-conditioned vehicle for drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. An extra surcharge may apply for meal accommodations
- Comfortable shoes, sunscreen and insect repellent is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Les Rives
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Can Gio Biosphere Reserve Tour by Luxury Speedboat.