- Tasman Peninsula day trip from Hobart
- Enjoy a 3-hour eco-cruise along the spectacular coastline of Tasman National Park
- Explore Port Arthur Historic Site, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Discover the history of the former convict colony
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Located between the Elizabeth St Pier and Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
While you’re on the water, stare up at some of the southern hemisphere’s tallest vertical sea cliffs, spot sea caves and watch for peregrine falcons nesting on the rugged coastline. From the boat’s open-air tiered seating, everyone can enjoy good views, increasing your chances of catching sight of marine life like seals, dolphins, seabirds and maybe even whales. You’ll also hear about Tasman Peninsula’s history, native wildlife and natural environment from the onboard interpretive guide.
Returning to land, enjoy an included lunch before your tour continues to Port Arthur Historic Site, part of the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Australian Convict Sites. You have three hours at this former penal settlement to dive into Australia’s convict history. Explore the many old structures and ruins that dot the landscaped grounds, from the penitentiary building and guard tower to a church.
Your day trip concludes with the return drive to Hobart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Full-length waterproof and windproof jackets provided
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 43 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Tasman Island Cruises and Port Arthur Historic Site Day Tour from Hobart.
- "The cruise is long and is a true adventure (dont forget to put warm clothes even if hot weather and please note you will be a bit wet by the ocean waves, whatever your place on the boat." See review
- "It is a long day, but you are fed and hydrated and you get to see some great natural formations and wildlife." See review