5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Go off the beaten track and into an isolated, difficult to access, ice cave on this tour from Hali. In a small group of no more than eight people, this is a more personalized tour than most. Travel by Super Jeep to the location, then hike across rough terrain to explore a unique natural ice cave (selected, according to the conditions, on the day) within Vatnajökull glacier. Your tour guides supply all safety equipment, including helmet, crampons, and ice axe.
- Enter a difficult-to-access ice cave in Vatnajökull glacier
- Small group size ensures personal attention
- All safety equipment provided: No need to carry your own
- Learn about Iceland's unique nature from your guide while exploring
Saved to wishlist!
Climbing helmet and a headlamp (always)
Crampons to walk on the glacier (if needed)
Walking harness (if needed)
Ice ax (if needed)
Lightweight rubber boots to be able to cross a small stream to go in the ice cave (if needed)
Microspikes to walk on slippery rocky terrain (if needed)
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Feet – Woolen socks – Good waterproof hiking boots, high with good ankle support (can be rented from us) Lower body – Base layer- wool or synthetic (no cotton!) – Light and comfortable hiking trousers softshell for example (no jeans!) – Wind and waterproof trousers Upper body – Full sleeve base layer wool or synthetic (no cotton!) – Thin fleece or similar – Thick warm fleece, or puffy jacket down or synthetic, or just a nice warm jacket. – Wind and waterproof jacket. Hands – Gloves. It´s good to have two pairs. Head – Warm hat/beanie that might work under a helmet. Note: beaine’s with pompom are not recommended since the pompom does not go under the helmet. – Buff or balaclava or neck gaiter. – Sunglasses Backpack – Backpack 28-40 L, that can room your equipment, camera food and drink for the day and so on. Food – Food for 6 hours tour – 1-2 sandwiches depending on how much you need. – 700 ml – 1 L of water or something else you like to drink (non-alcoholic). – Some energy-rich and light food like 2-3 chocolate bars or something similar. r governing authority and is not within our control.
Departure & Return
Hali 2, Suðursveit, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- For this tour, the participants should be in good hiking condition
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
- To bring good clothes, shoes, and camera
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Glacier Adventure
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Blue Ice Cave Adventure?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Blue Ice Cave Adventure?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Blue Ice Cave Adventure
5 to 6 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeHalf-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHofn4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - Skaftafell4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikExtreme - VikHalf-day Tours - Vik4WD Tours - AkureyriSporting Events - AkureyriExtreme - AkureyriHalf-day Tours - AkureyriCategory