6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Got a long layover at London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport? Get out and explore Windsor with this independent tour. Set off from the airport in a private vehicle with your very own driver, and spend the day at your leisure before enjoying a stress-free return in time to catch your ongoing flight. Enjoy the flexibility of a custom itinerary — simply let your guide know which sights you want to see, from Windsor Castle to the nearby town of Eton, and they’ll take care of the logistics for you.
- 6.5-hour layover tour in Windsor from either London Gatwick or London Heathrow Airport (minimum layover of 8 hours required)
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and customize your own route, getting insider tips from your private driver
- See Windsor Castle – the Queen’s official home
- Watch soldiers marching along Windsor High Street for the Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Stroll along the famous Long Walk in Windsor Great Park
- Visit the historic town of Eton and see where Princes William and Harry went to school
Saved to wishlist!
Airport pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Procedures: As a family run provider of transfer, chauffeur and site seeing services. Airport Transfers is committed to your safety in the new normal and that of it’s driver team. To that end, we have implemented the following measures: • Daily health checks, all drivers will take temperature tests and check for symptoms daily before beginning shifts. We request that passengers similarly ensure that they are asymptomatic before travelling with us. • Chauffeurs will greet guests verbally instead of a handshake, they will still offer to assist with luggage but will sanitise handles after handling. • All drivers will wear masks and hands will be sanitised regularly before, during and after / in between services. • Passengers must wear face masks at all times. • The front passenger seat alongside the driver will not be available for travellers use. • Drivers will wipe external and internal door handles after every trip. • Drivers will have sanitiser (60% + alcohol) and / or wipes available at all times. • Drivers will turn aircon and ventilation to circulate external air not internal air.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Infants and children, regardless of age, count as full fare paying passengers. Please note that child seats are not compulsory and need to be requested on an ad hoc basis.
- This is a 6.5-hour tour, including 4 hours spent in Windsor. To accommodate for flight check in and security procedures, plus any potential traffic congestion, a minimum layover of 8 hours is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Airport Transfers
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Independent Layover Tour to Windsor from London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport
6 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
5 hours 26 minutes
6 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursLayover Tours Full-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingHorleyBus Tours - South East EnglandHistorical Tours - South East EnglandLayover Tours - South East EnglandFull-day Tours - South East EnglandBus Tours - LondonHistorical Tours - LondonLayover Tours - LondonFull-day Tours - LondonBus Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHistorical Tours - Stansted MountfitchetLayover Tours - Stansted MountfitchetFull-day Tours - Stansted MountfitchetCategory