- Pass Loch Ness and stop for incredible views at Eilean Donan Castle
- Cross Skye Bridge and stop for lunch in Portree
- Free time in Portree to explore
- Visit Eilean Ban island, home of Gavin Maxwell, author of the Ring of Bright Water
Departure & Return
Stance 7, Inverness Bus Station
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon reaching Kyle of Lochalsh, your vehicle crosses the Skye Bridge to the Isle of Skye, stopping at a charming local inn in Bradford for lunch (own expense).
Next you’ll cross over the bridge to Skye and head for Kyleakin, where there’ll be a stop for lunch. Your tour of this magical island takes in the stunningly beautiful sight of the Cuillin Hills on the road to Portree, the capital of Skye and its colourful harbour.
Enjoy sea views of the Isle of Rum before re-boarding the minivan for the return journey. Pass the village of Achnasheen, Black Islethe and the isle of Eilean Ban — home to British novelist Gavin Maxwell — arriving in Inverness in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that children aged under 3 years old cannot travel on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Experience Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Isle of Skye Day Trip from Inverness.