Explore our promoted experiences
- Create your own personalized sightseeing itinerary and explore Istanbul at leisure
- Hop on and off as often as you like on a choice of two routes around the city
- Enjoy informative and entertaining commentary on board the bus
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
What To Expect
Straddling Europe and Asia, Istanbul is brimming with UNESCO-listed treasures and historical sites that testify to its days under Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman rule. Add in colorful bazaars, village-like neighborhoods, and the waterfronts along the Bosphorus Straits, and there’s a plethora of must-sees and attractions for visitors to explore.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the views as you travel the two routes around the city and learn the stories behind the sights from the onboard audio commentary. (A complete list of stops can be found in the Itinerary section below.)
When you’re ready, hop off at any of the stops to sightsee at your leisure. Perhaps step off to visit the spectacular Hagia Sophia — the ancient UNESCO-listed showstopper that served as an Ottoman mosque and a Christian basilica — or the ornate Topkapi Palace, the residence of the Ottoman Sultans for more than 400 years.
Or maybe leave the bus to rove around the aromatic stalls of the Egyptian Bazaar (Spice Bazaar), visit the opulent Dolmabahçe Palace, or to soak up the buzz of Taksim Square. These are just a handful of the many things you can see and do using your 1, 2, or 3 day pass on the hop-on hop-off Big Bus tour.
As an added bonus, you'll also enjoy a Bosphorus River sightseeing cruise and entry to select attractions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tickets are open dated and can be redeemed on any travel date within one year of date selected at time of booking
- Your ticket will be valid until the same time on the following day during the tour operation hours
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Big Bus - Turkey
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms