- Full-day small-group tour of Ephesus from Izmir
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Ephesus including the Odeon and the Celsus Library
- See the remains of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary and Isabey Mosque
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, lunch, and entrance fees
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide and small-group of no more than 15 people around the UNESCO-listed ruins, pausing to admire archeological wonders such as the Temple Of Hadrian, the magnificent Celsus Library, and the Great Theatre, which seats up to 24,000 people. Learn more about life in ancient Roman times as you peek into the Public Latrines and Roman Baths, stroll around the Agora, and walk down the grand marble-paved Arcadian Way.
Continue to the House of the Virgin Mary, perched atop the Bulbul Mountain, where Mary is alleged to have spent the final years of her life. Head inside to see the shrine of the Virgin Mary, and perhaps drink from the spring, said to possess healing qualities.
Pause for lunch (included) at a local restaurant and tuck into some delicious Turkish cuisine, before continuing to nearby Selçuk to admire the Isabey Mosque, an exquisite example of Seljukian architecture. There’s just time for one more stop before the return journey – to the site of the Temple of Artemis, which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
After a full day uncovering Turkey’s ancient past, return to Izmir, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant meals not included
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaturka Ephesus
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.