Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 3.5-hour whitewater rafting tour from Jackson
- Tackle the rapids of the Snake River
- Enjoy the alpine scenery of Snake River Canyon
- Look for native wildlife
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When everyone is geared up and ready, set off down the river toward Alpine, Wyoming, traveling eight river miles in total. With your guide providing instructions, navigate about eight sets of rapids, ranging from Class I to Class III, including features such as the Big Kahuna rapids, Lunch Counter, the Million Dollar Fishing Hole, Gauging Straights, and Bailing Straights.
During the calmer moments, listen to commentary from your guide about the area's history, wildlife, and vegetation. Take in views of the Grand Canyon of the Snake River, and keep your eyes open for animals like bald eagles, river otters, osprey, mule deer, elk, a mountain goat, or maybe even a bear, if you're really lucky.
Your rafting tour takes place on a standard-size inflatable, self-bailing, 18-foot (5.5-meter) AIRE raft, which seats 16 people but these tours average 10 to 12 guests per boat. Both paddling and non-paddling positions are available.
When your rafting adventure ends, you'll be returned to the tour office.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- We have wet suits & wet suit jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets are $5.00 to rent.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel!
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Gratuity not included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note: kids must weigh at least 50 pounds or more to go rafting!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mad River Boat Trips
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Whitewater Adventure Classic Boats .