- Full day trip of Old Jerusalem and Bethlehem
- Enjoy views of the Dome of the Rock, an iconic Jerusalem landmark
- See popular Holy Land places such as the Western Wall and the site of the Crucifixion
- Explore the Old City of Jerusalem
- Guided tour of the scenes of the Nativity in Bethlehem
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Begin at the Mount Scopus for a scenic overview of the entire city of Jerusalem. This mountain ridge is east of the Old City and named for the olive groves that once covered its slopes. According to the gospels, a number of important events in the life of Jesus took place here, including where he ascended into heaven. The Mount has been a site of Christian worship since ancient times and continues to be a place of pilgrimage for Eastern Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant believers. From here, see the Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount Esplanade. It has been said that this is where heaven meets earth.
Continue past the Garden of Gethsemane, where it is believed that Jesus prayed on the night he was arrested by Roman soldiers. Continue to the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem and see the famous Western Wall, or Wailing Wall, one of the holiest of Jewish sites. Then in the Christian Quarter, walk along the Via Dolorosa, the street that Jesus traveled on the way to his crucifixion. Here, look for the 14 stations of the cross while retracing Jesus’ steps to the Hill of Calvary, now the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Continue onto Cardo, the main thoroughfare of Byzantine Jerusalem where the coach will provide transportation for the short trip to Bethlehem.
Explore the Church of the Nativity, where the birth of Jesus of Nazareth is said to have occurred. Manger Square is where the majority of religious activity in Bethlehem takes place, with the Church of the Nativity and the Mosque of Omar, the oldest and only mosque in the old city of Bethlehem. See where Jesus was placed in a manger after his birth.
Stop by the Greek and Catholic churches here, then board the coach for a return trip to the Jerusalem hotels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required for visit Bethlehem
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to visitors overload a visit down to Nativity cave is not always possible
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Day Tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.