- City of David archeological site tour
- Explore active digs, an ancient tunnel and early Jerusalem's landmarks
- Learn about recent finds at an active site
- Fun experience, perfect for history buffs
Departure & Return
The City of David is a 5 minute walk from the Western Wall and is right outside the Dung Gate of the Old City. When exiting the Dung Gate, turn left and then right. Bus lines to Jaffa Gate: 20, 60. To the Western Wall: 1, 2, 38.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Walking through the tunnels is not recommended for those with claustrophobia.
- Hezekiah's Tunnel, the water tunnel, is approximately 570 meters in length. Visitors can expect a 20-30 minute walk through the tunnel, with a longer times during busier periods of the year.
- The dry Canaanite Tunnel is approximately 120 meters in length. Visitors can expect a 5-10 minute walk through the tunnel. Flashlights are not needed.
- FLASHLIGHTS and WATER SHOES are needed in the water tunnels. Both can be purchased at the site. The use of candles, as well as walking without shoes is absolutely prohibited.
- Certain sections of the tunnel may require visitors to bend down slightly while passing a low ceiling or turn their shoulders to the side when the tunnel narrows.
- Entrance to Hezekiah’s Tunnel is recommended from age five. The water may reach 70 cm high (a little over 2 feet high).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Babies may be carried through Hezekiah's Tunnel in a front carrier, but not in a back carry. One may rent a baby carrier in the City of David.
- Strollers are not permitted on the tour.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The tour route includes multiple steps, as well as places with uneven surfaces.
- Not recommended for travelers with claustrophobia.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY City of David
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Guided Tour of Jerusalem: The Biblical City of David.