Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 2.5-hour Japanese cookery lesson in a local Kamakura home
- Master basic techniques of the UNESCO-listed washoku or shojin cuisine
- Choose to create dishes ranging from sushi rolls and ginger pork to vegetable chowder
- Feast on the dishes created with fellow food lovers after cooking
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Small-group experience limited to five food lovers
Departure & Return
Take a city bus from JR Kamakura station. Bus number: 40 or 41 Get off at 7th stop, "Hisagi-nishi-couji". Meeting point is at "Hisagi-nishi-couji" bus stop.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In advance of your class, you’ll choose from a wide range of dishes depending on your culinary preferences. Opt to prepare oyako-don (chicken and egg), tempura vegetables, sushi rolls, or shouga-yaki (ginger pork). Vegetarians can delight in tofu steak and mushroom sauce and vegetable chowder — see the Itinerary section for a full list of options.
After cooking your dishes, you’ll sit down to feast on the fruits of your labors with fellow food lovers. Your tour concludes at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or food allergies at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
See all safety measures taken by Learn to Cook Traditional Japanese Food in Kamakura.