7 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
See the historical and natural highlights of the Orkney Mainland all in one day, on this private tour from Kirkwall. Meet your guide at your preferred address, hop aboard your vehicle, and set off. You’ll admire the wild and rugged beauty of locations like Scapa Flow (a natural harbor) before encountering Neolithic cairns and villages, ancient stone circles, Bronze and Iron Age settlements, and other striking landmarks.
- A private tour makes it easy to explore Orkney at your own pace
- Discover the Mainland’s top historical and natural sights, all in one day
- Tickets to the Broch of Gurness, Skara Brae, and Skaill House are included
- Round-trip transit from your preferred address makes logistics stress-free
Saved to wishlist!
Skara Brae and Skaill House Ticket included
Broch of Gurness Ticket Included
Professional Local Guide
Port or Hotel pick up and drop off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Hatston Pier Cruise Liner Berth, Hatston Pier, Kirkwall, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 8 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours UK
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKirkwallShore Excursions - InvernessBus Tours - InvernessPorts of Call Tours - InvernessHistorical Tours - InvernessFull-day Tours - InvernessShore Excursions - AberdeenBus Tours - AberdeenPorts of Call Tours - AberdeenHistorical Tours - AberdeenFull-day Tours - AberdeenShore Excursions - Fort WilliamBus Tours - Fort WilliamPorts of Call Tours - Fort WilliamHistorical Tours - Fort WilliamFull-day Tours - Fort WilliamCategory