- Houseboat cruise in Aleppey
- Take a houseboat cruise down a river in Kerala
- Eat a traditional Keralan lunch onboard the boat (selected tours)
- Stop in the Fort Kochi region to go exploring
- See St. Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica
- Catch sight of the Chinese fishing nets near Fort Kochi Beach
- Round-trip transport is included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Step aboard a houseboat for a leisurely sail through the inland waterways of Kerala. Relax as you glide past scenes of riverfront life, such as paddy fields, coconut palms, and traditional wooden houseboats. Enjoy attention from the onboard staff, who serve a traditional Keralan lunch of rice, fish, chicken, and vegetable dishes should you travel on the first itinerary.
At the end of your houseboat tour, go ashore near Fort Kochi to tour the area with a guide. See St. Francis Church, the Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica, and the Chinese fishing nets near Fort Kochi Beach before drop-off back at the cruise port.
The second itinerary you could follow encompasses the houseboat tour in the itinerary above, however, lunch is replaced by traditional snacks and tea and coffee. Fort Kochi is not visited on this itinerary.
Finally, if traveling on the third itinerary you receive a comprehensive tour of Cochin and Mattancherry. Visit the Dutch Palace built by Portuguese settlers and famous for its stunning murals depicting tales from Hinduism. Then, visit the Jewish Synagogue and stroll the Jewish quarter. Later, transfer to Fort Kochi for a short walking tour and visit St. Francis Church before being returned to the cruise ship terminal where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Synagogue /Palace are closed on Friday /Saturdays and Jewish holidays
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please note: This itinerary includes visit to a church, therefore modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended; no casual clothing such as jeans, sportswear, joggers, or sneakers
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note: staff/guide will be waiting at ships berth/pier holding "VIATOR" sign board with "BLUE UMBRELLA" Tour Departure as per the time selected during the booking . Please report 5 mins before
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Carnival Tours Kochi
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas