8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the beauty of the Kudat Peninsula on this Tip of Borneo day trip from Kota Kinabalu. Mingle with the locals in the town of Kota Belud, and learn of the indigenous Bajau and Rungus peoples. Gain insight into local bee-farming and honey-harvesting at Kampung Gombizau, and visit a traditional Rungus longhouse to learn of their cultural traditions. Enjoy breathtaking views over the South China Sea from your vantage point at the Tip of Borneo, the island’s northernmost edge. Capture the views on camera before returning to Kota Kinabalu.
- Full-day trip to the Tip of Borneo from Kota Kinabalu
- Visit the towns of Kota Belud and Kampung Gombizau, and observe the daily lifestyle of their inhabitants
- Hear informative commentary on local customs from a knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a traditional lunch in a longhouse, a typical structure of the Rungus people
- Drive to Tanjung Simpang Mengayau, a rocky outcrop at Borneo’s northernmost point, situated on the Kudat Peninsula
- Round-trip coach transport from Kota Kinabalu city hotels included
Saved to wishlist!
Professional English-speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Kota Kinabalu , Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu District, West Coast Division, SabahThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Recommended items bring: hat, sunglasses and umbrella
- Tamu at Kota Belud is only open on Sundays
- During the Muslim festival of Eid al-Fitr, which coincides with the Chinese New Year, some places of interest are closed for a period of 2 days each in a year (Dates are subject to change)
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Kudat Peninsula Day Trip to Tip of Borneo from Kota Kinabalu
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluCity Tours - SabahHistorical Tours - SabahFull-day Tours - SabahCity Tours - SandakanHistorical Tours - SandakanFull-day Tours - SandakanCity Tours - Puerto PrincesaHistorical Tours - Puerto PrincesaFull-day Tours - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Sabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah) Tours & TicketsManukan Island (Pulau Manukan) Tours & TicketsSapi Island (Pulau Sapi) Tours & TicketsMonsopiad Cultural Village Tours & TicketsTunku Abdul Rahman National Park (TARP) Tours & TicketsGaya Island (Pulau Gaya) Tours & TicketsKota Belud Tours & TicketsKota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu) Tours & TicketsKlias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands) Tours & TicketsMari Mari Cultural Village Tours & TicketsSignal Hill Observatory Platform Tours & TicketsTip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu) Tours & Tickets