- Half-day tour of Kuala Lumpur's must-see attractions and landmarks
- Visit the National Monument, the National Museum and the Sultan Abdul Samad Building to discover the history, culture and modern civil affairs of the city
- Take memorable photos at the Petronas Twin Towers, King's Palace and the National Mosque of Malaysia
- Guide provides interesting and informative commentary
- Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departs from your central Kuala Lumpur hotel. You can select which hotel when you book. After booking, please contact the local tour operator directly to reconfirm pickup time and location.
What To Expect
Begin your day with hotel pickup around 8:45am, with some pickups starting before this time. The local service provider will verify your exact schedule when your booking is reconfirmed. Over the course of your ride aboard this coach bus, you’ll get a sense for the unique blend of historic colonial architecture and sleek 21st-century skyscrapers that give this Southeast Asian metropolis its one-of-a-kind charm.
Make your first stop at the world-famous Petronas Towers, certified among the tallest buildings in the world. Take a few photos of these remarkable structures, admiring their sleek, spaceship-like exterior. The Towers’ modern design serves as a marked contrast to the historic Indo-Moorish architecture that once characterized this city’s colonial period.
Head next to the Kuala Lumpur Craft Centre, where you can explore exhibits on Malaysian handicrafts and shop for items like batik (dyed cloth), intricately-carved pottery, rattan (a type of palm) using traditional motifs and a variety of baskets. You’ll also visit the Cocoa Boutique, featuring highlights from Malaysia’s rapidly growing cocoa industry, where you can shop for delicious chocolate gifts like chili chocolates, fruit-flavored chocolates and a variety of milk and dark chocolate treats.
Continue your excursion at the King’s Palace (Istana Negra), a sprawling complex where you can check out the intricately-designed metalwork of the compound’s gates, which display the insignia of Yang di-Pertuan Agong, a former Malaysian monarch.
Proceed next to the National Monument, a sculpture celebrating the country’s fight for independence from the British government during the mid-20th century. Your coach will then drive you to the National Museum, where you can wander among the exhibits on Kuala Lumpur’s history, arts, economy and culture set inside a beautiful building that blends both modern design and traditional Malaysian techniques. The Lake Gardens within the Museum complex also offer an intriguing look at Kuala Lumpur’s plant and animal life.
Continue to the National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara), which many consider a symbol of the country’s aspirations during the heady period following independence in the 1960s. Make your last stop of the day at the Sultan Abdul Samad Building, the location of Malaysia’s Ministry of Information Communications and Culture. Following this last stop you’ll receive a drop-off back at your Kuala Lumpur hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that hotel pickup and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying at the following hotels, please either make your own way to a hotel in central Kuala Lumpur or contact the local tour operator after booking to arrange pickup service for an additional fee (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher):
- Greater Kuala Lumpur: Le Meridien, Hilton, Cititel, Boulevard MidValley, Pearl International, Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, Crystal Crown, Armada, Holiday Villa Subang, Grand Dorset Subang, Petaling Jaya Hilton, Sunway Lagoon, One World Damansara
- Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses
- Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
- Putrajaya & KLIA: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Pan Pacific KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and a hat are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Best of Kuala Lumpur City Tour Including National Museum and National Monument.