7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Malaysia’s diverse cultures with a 7-hour tour to Mah Meri Cultural Village, an Indian enclave, and some of Kuala Lumpur’s most important sites. Meet members of the Mah Meri community, and learn about the group's religious practices, history and traditional wood carving. Browse colorful shops in Klang town before enjoying an Indian lunch at a local restaurant, and return to Kuala Lumpur by public train. Visit the atmospheric Old Railway Station, then stroll to the National Mosque, Central Market and Merdeka Square, a landmark of colonial-era architecture.
- 7-hour cultural tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Learn about life in the Mah Meri Cultural Village
- Explore a historic Indian enclave
- Enjoy an Indian lunch in a local restaurant
- Take a walking tour of Kuala Lumpur's sights
- Hotel pickup included
Saved to wishlist!
Tour of Mahmeri Cultural Village
Light refreshments at MahMeri Cultural Village
1-way pick-up from hotel in Kuala Lumpur to MahMeri Cultural Village
English Speaking Guide
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pickup to hotels within 0.5km from Kuala Lumpur City Center only. Surcharge applicable for hotels not located within the zone.
Return point: Tour ends at Merdeka Square. Please inform the guide if you require directions and instructions on going back to the hotel
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At Mah Meri Cultural Village, you may bring back the origami headdress and flowers but please return if not wanted
- Advisable to wear: comfortable walking shoes, light cotton clothing, hat, sunglasses and umbrella/poncho
- Train ride will bring you to Kuala Lumpur Old Railway Station and please be prepared for a lot of walking as no transfers will be provided from there onwards
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-Day Mah Meri Cultural Village Experience
7 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 10 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursRail ToursBus ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingKuala LumpurFood Tours - Petaling JayaRail Tours - Petaling JayaBus Tours - Petaling JayaWalking Tours - Petaling JayaMarkets - Petaling JayaHistorical Tours - Petaling JayaFull-day Tours - Petaling JayaFood Tours - PenangRail Tours - PenangBus Tours - PenangWalking Tours - PenangMarkets - PenangHistorical Tours - PenangFull-day Tours - PenangFood Tours - Sentosa IslandRail Tours - Sentosa IslandBus Tours - Sentosa IslandWalking Tours - Sentosa IslandMarkets - Sentosa IslandHistorical Tours - Sentosa IslandFull-day Tours - Sentosa IslandCategory
Sri Mahamariamman TempleRumah Penghulu Abu SemanCape Rachado LighthouseAquaria KLCC Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM)Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)Royal Selangor Visitor CentreTaman Negara National ParkAlive 3D Art GalleryPetrosains the Discovery CentreThean Hou TempleBerjaya Time Square Theme ParkPutrajaya Bridge Jalan Masjid India Night MarketKuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC)PutrajayaPort Dickson Dream World: Upside Down & 3DKuala Lumpur Railway StationKuala Lumpur City GalleryKuala Lumpur National Monument (Tugu Negara)