40 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Kyoto is known for its ancient traditions and magnificent craftsmanship, and on this experience, you’ll learn the basics of pottery from highly skilled pottery artists. You won’t have to worry about bringing anything with you as all materials and equipment are provided. If you’ve never tried pottery before, you’ll be put at ease, as your instructor will demonstrate, then assist you in your own pottery experience. Choose what object you make, pick custom glazes, and you can even choose to have your pottery delivered to you.
- Amazing experience to learn at a pottery business established in 1771
- An expert will teach you the basics of using a pottery wheel
- Choose to have your pottery work delivered to you by post
- The ideal tour for travelers interested in traditional crafts in Kyoto
Saved to wishlist!
Finishing by craftsman
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
385-5 Yasaka Kamimachi, Higashiyama Ward, 京都市東山区八坂通 Kyoto 605-0827, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age requirement : 10 years of age and over
- English：English-speaking staff
- Chinese：We have Chinese menu tables
- Free Wi-Fi is not available
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Electric Potter's Wheel Experience in Kyoto: Make Your Own Souvenir?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Electric Potter's Wheel Experience in Kyoto: Make Your Own Souvenir?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Electric Potter's Wheel Experience in Kyoto: Make Your Own Souvenir?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Pottery Classes Classes & WorkshopsKyotoPottery Classes - Kansai PrefecturePottery Classes - OsakaPottery Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Chion-inUji Bridge (Uji-bashi)Toei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Hosen-in TemplePontocho AlleyEikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleTo-ji TempleKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailKyoto TowerNishiki MarketNinna-ji TempleHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)SaganoKyoto International Manga MuseumGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Ryoan-ji Temple & GardenMimuroto-ji TempleKyoto StationMyoshin-ji TempleYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)