5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Hike to the edge of a steaming caldera on a full-day trip to Rincón de La Vieja volcano, where bubbling mud, sulfurous ponds and simmering lagoons are warmed by underground activity. Follow your local guide on a 2-hour hike along the mountainside, and get an up-close look at the otherworldly features of this “gently active” volcano. Enjoy sweeping views of the Guanacaste mountain range, eat lunch inside the park, then finish your day with return transfer to your Guanacaste hotel.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Saved to wishlist!
Professional bi-lingual guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Central American Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Active Volcano Hike?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Active Volcano Hike?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Active Volcano Hike?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Active Volcano Hike?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Active Volcano Hike
5 to 6 hours
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingLiberiaBus Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestHiking - Guanacaste and NorthwestHalf-day Tours - Guanacaste and NorthwestBus Tours - Playa HermosaHiking - Playa HermosaHalf-day Tours - Playa HermosaBus Tours - Santa CruzHiking - Santa CruzHalf-day Tours - Santa CruzCategory