Explore our promoted experiences
- Watch the royal performance from select vantage points only known to experts
- Witness the Queen’s iconic foot soldiers clad in red tunics and bearskin hats
- Admire the precision and gleaming coats of the household cavalry
- Listen to history-rich commentary with ease using a personal headset
Departure & Return
Meeting Point: By the Duke of York Column, Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/St James's. Walk south down Regent Street towards St James's Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. You will see the tall column with a statue on top. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station. Walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace, you will see the statue on your right at the top of some steps.
Outside Buckingham Palace
What To Expect
Many tourists make the mistake of viewing the ceremony outside of Buckingham Palace. However, on this tour, handpicked vantage points ensure you get the best views of the royal tradition while listening to commentary that explains each part of the performance.
Marvel at the shimmering coats of the household cavalry as their riders control the horses with expert precision; capture photographs of the iconic red and black attire of the Queen’s foot soldiers; and, move quickly between vantage points in a small group of only 15 people.
Your tour concludes outside of Buckingham Palace.
Please note: The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time, and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when canceled, customers still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before 11am. Even when cancelled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
- Please note weather is very changeable in London, please ensure you have rainproof clothing
- Please note that the changing of the guard schedule may change and on different dates we will see either footguards or horseguards
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders UK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Some running and rushing was required but it was definitely worth it." See review
- "We would highly recommend attending on Sundays since you can see both the horse guards changing, as well as, the foot soldiers." See review
- "One note, if you have a small child or one who doesn't like adult-sized earbuds, bring a pair of kid headphones; regular headphones will connect to the guide's microphone system." See review