- Full-day Downton Abbey tour to Bampton and Highclere Castle
- Explore Oxford and Oxford University
- See Matthew Crawley's mother's house in the picturesque village of Bampton
- Go to Highclere Castle, and explore its gorgeous grounds
- Walk through rooms frequented by popular characters in the TV series
- Upgrade to include an additional book “Lady Catherine” OR "Lady Almina" written by Lady Carnarvon
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
7 Minutes walk from Victoria underground or overground stations. Tour departs at 8:15am (Boarding starts at 8am)
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide along the timeworn streets, and check off top sights like the Bridge of Sighs. Then enjoy free time to sightsee independently.
When the time comes, return to your coach and relax on the journey to Bampton village in Oxfordshire, which is featured in 'Downton Abbey' as Downton village. Pass recognizable sights like the church where Lady Mary and Matthew Crawley wed and Grantham Arms. Go to the Bampton Community Archive, as well as a local exhibition about the village’s history.
Afterward, continue on south to Hampshire, where the grand Highclere Castle awaits. The estate, which dates back to the Victorian eta, is set amid 1,000 acres (405 hectares) of rolling parkland and was featured as Downton Abbey on the show. Tour the castle’s opulent rooms with your guide, and see the main hall and library—all used in the filming of 'Downton Abbey.' Hear about your favorite Downton characters and the real-life family who owns Highclere.
Make the most of some free time before jumping back in your coach for the return drive to London.
Upgrade to include a signed copy of “Entertaining at The Real Downtown Abbey” book written by Lady Carnarvon plus an additional book “Lady Catherine” OR "Lady Almina."
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Premium Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Downton Abbey and Oxford Tour from London Including Highclere Castle.