Are you interested in?
Private Sightseeing Tours
1284 Tours & Activities
St. James's Palace Tours
84 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2074 Tours & Activities
2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Follow the path of the British monarchy on a tour of St. James’s Park, known as London’s ‘Royal Village’ thanks to the ring of palaces surrounding this leafy retreat. Hear what goes on inside Buckingham Palace and other regal residences, and window shop at exclusive boutiques favored by the royal family. A top-rated guide reveals that there’s much more than meets the eye in this ritzy enclave.
- Get the best views of St. James's Park and Palace on a royal-themed walking tour
- When possible, watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- See where royals buy their hats, shoes, cheese, and more at centuries-old shops
- Great way to satisfy curiosity about the British monarchy
Saved to wishlist!
A fun and experienced professional, local guide, accredited by the Institute of Tourist Guiding and the University of Westminster. Sandy is a member of the City of Westminster Guide Lecturer's Association.
Food and drinks
Gratuities - optional
Transportation to/from the start and end points of the walk
Departure & Return
Departure PointThe Ritz London, 150 Piccadilly, St. James's, London W1J 9BR, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- When your booking is confirmed, you will receive contact details for Sandy who will be your guide on this tour. Her aim is to give you, the customer, the best experience you could possibly have so if you have any special requests, be sure to tell Sandy what they are! If you need to stop for a break midway through the tour, that will be fine with her.
- The tour will last between 2.5 - 3 hours depending on the walking pace of the group, the number of questions asked and if the Changing of the Guard ceremony is going ahead on the day of the tour.
- The tour will cover roughly 2 miles in total.
- The tour will go ahead come rain or shine so please don't be put off by the weather. Do wear comfortable shoes and clothing and, if needs be, bring waterproofs and an umbrella.
- Due to the distances involved, and the speed at which we may have to walk between events, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Morning tours start at 09.45 under the Colonnade of the Ritz Hotel, Piccadilly
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hobnob Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the social distancing policy during Private Walking Tour of St James', London's Royal Village with a qualified guide?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 67681P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonCity Tours - HorleyWalking Tours - HorleyCity Tours - Stansted MountfitchetWalking Tours - Stansted MountfitchetCity Tours - CambridgeWalking Tours - CambridgeCategory
London Film MuseumGillian Lynne TheatreHampstead HeathWallace CollectionGreen ParkMadame Tussauds LondonSir John Soane's MuseumTwickenham StadiumPrince of Wales TheatreTheatre Royal Drury LaneBritish MuseumThe Kia OvalMCC Museum Lyceum TheatreWestminster CathedralSt. Martin-in-the-FieldsPrimrose HillSEA LIFE® London AquariumLondon National GalleryStamford Bridge