Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day 'Downton Abbey' filming locations tour including Highclere Castle
- Hear anecdotes and gossip about the 'Downton Abbey' series and characters such as Lady Mary
- Explore the gardens and state rooms of Highclere Castle, seeing bedrooms, the smoking room, and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 18 people ensures personalized attention at all times
Departure & Return
07.30am Outside the Hard Rock Hotel main entrance, Marble Arch (formerly the Cumberland Hotel)
Return point: Returns to Victoria Train Station at approximately 7pm
What To Expect
Stop first at a traditional farm nestled amid the rolling hills of Cogges and refresh with a hot drink in the farm’s rustic café (own expense). Discover a scattering of filming locations before returning to the vehicle to travel onward to Bampton, the gorgeous village used extensively as Downton village.
See recognizable sights like the village church and the Crawley family home as you enjoy a guided walking tour of Bampton, and then continue to Highclere Castle, arguably the most iconic 'Downtown Abbey' filming location. Gasp as you approach the lavish neoclassical façade of the residence and then embark on a leisurely stroll of the castle’s sublime gardens and grounds.
After exploring enclaves like the Secret Garden and the Wood of Goodwill, revitalize with a snack in the on-site tea rooms and then discover the opulence of Highclere Castle’s interior during a guided tour. See rooms graced by classic characters like Lady Sybil and hear tales of the castle’s rich history as you wander.
Return to your comfortable coach after a thorough exploration of the castle and relax during the journey back to central London, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: Once the booking is submitted all sales are final, non-changeable, non-transferable and incur 100% cancellation penalties
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY International Friends
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "For Downton Abbey Lovers this was the dream trip..it would be important to have Steve be the guide." See review
- "First of all, stopping at multiple locations to see various aspects of filming made for a more well-rounded day." See review
- "The tour allows you to see areas of the Cotswolds and ends with three good hours at Highclere." See review