2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Take part in a Luang Prabang alms giving ceremony on an early morning tour that’s a fascinating introduction to Laos’ Buddhist traditions. You can simply watch as a procession of robed, barefoot monks walk by, or join in by presenting a monk with an offering of food, receiving a Buddhist blessing in return.
- Cultural experience: Chance to participate in an important local ceremony
- Attend with a guide to learn alms-giving etiquette and significance
- Visit the city’s wet market when it’s bustling with morning shoppers
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at Luang Prabang hotels
Saved to wishlist!
An early morning tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Food for donations to the Luang Prabang monks
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou and Nam Khan River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- To respect local customs and respecting the Tak Bat alms giving ceremony on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before presenting the alms to the monks.
- Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that covers the knees and shoulders. It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs.
- This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Certain scenes during this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Early Morning Alms Giving and Wet Market?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Early Morning Alms Giving and Wet Market?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Early Morning Alms Giving and Wet Market?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Early Morning Alms Giving and Wet Market?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Early Morning Alms Giving and Wet Market
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesLuang PrabangUnique Experiences - VientianeBus Tours - VientianeUnique Experiences - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Chiang RaiUnique Experiences - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Chiang MaiCategory