2 hours 18 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Journey deep into the jagged world of the Carrara marble quarries on this 4WD adventure. Exploring with a guide in a group no larger than six, discover the “white gold” that built the Pantheon and Michelangelo’s David. Learn about ancient and modern excavation techniques at a historic quarry; tour an open sky quarry, a terraced quarry, and an underground quarry; and taste the local marble-aged cold cut, “lardo di Colonnata”.
- Explore the surreal landscapes of the Carrara marble quarries by 4WD
- Enjoy personal attention from your guide in a group no larger than six
- Sample the area’s signature cold cut, “lardo di Colonnata”
- Learn about the different techniques used to mine this precious rock
Saved to wishlist!
1 licensed guide service
1 tour by 4x4 vehicles
1 Lardo of Colonnata IGP tasting
Insurance (by law)
Marble quarries tour
everything not mentioned in inclusions
Departure & Return
Strada Comunale per Colonnata, 1, 54033 Colonnata MS, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Possible pick-up/ drop-off at Carrara-Avenza train station or at the camping sites located in Marina di Massa, please ask for more information
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Curioseety SRLS
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Carrara: Exclusive Marble Cave Jeep Tour Adventure?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Carrara: Exclusive Marble Cave Jeep Tour Adventure?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "The ride up the mountain on hairpin turns in a rattling old Jeep was worth the price of admission alone!!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Carrara: Exclusive Marble Cave Jeep Tour Adventure
2 hours 18 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLucca4WD Tours - TuscanySporting Events - TuscanyExtreme - TuscanyCategory