- Morning tour of El Escorial monastery and Valley of the Fallen from Madrid
- See royal tombs and ornate artworks on a guided tour of El Escorial monastery
- Visit the Valley of the Fallen monument for those who perished in the Spanish Civil War
- See cultural treasures and learn about Spain’s history
Departure & Return
Next to Plaza Ramales
Underground parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2
What To Expect
Begin your tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed wonder at the monastery, the final resting place of Charles I and Isabella of Portugal. See the religious relics of the basilica and the Baroque dome.
Next, venture to the grand palace known as the Pantheon of Kings. Pay your respects to the marble tomb of Charles V and browse the collection of building equipment in the Architects Room for insight into construction processes of the 16th century. See vicious arms in the Weapons Room, and the frescoes in the library.
Continue to the Valley of the Fallen to visit a vast basilica carved into the side of a mountain. Capture a photograph of the colossal granite cross that tops the structure and learn its origins from your guide. Head inside to tour the vaulted crypt replete with sculpted angels and then check out the views of the surrounding countryside from the arches.
Return to your vehicle and take in more gorgeous scenery on the return journey to Madrid.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen Basilic visitors are kindlyrequested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms