3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Feel like a true Madrileño (Madrid resident) during this 3-hour private walking tour covering the city’s top sights and hidden secrets. Relive the 16th through 19th centuries as you learn about Madrid’s royal Habsburg and Bourbon families, discovering the secret history and fascinating anecdotes of these dynasties. As you walk, you’ll visit the Plaza Oriente, the Royal Palace, Cibeles Square, San Miguel food market and tour the architecture of Gran Vía. A professional art historian guide, plus hotel pick-up and drop-off are covered.
- Discover the secrets and stories of Madrid history on this private walking tour
- Feel like a true Madrileño as you get the inside scoop on the city's unique history
- Learn the fascinating stories and secret history of Spain's ruling Bourbons and Habsburgs
- Visit iconic Madrid landmarks like Plaza Oriente, the Royal Palace, San Miguel food market and Cibeles Square
- Gain new insight into Madrid's architecture from a professional art historian guide
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Professional art historian guide
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please specify the Hotel or apartment to meet you up and start the tour with us!
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
11/1/2016 - 11/1/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Madrid and You
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Group Walking Tour: Secrets of Madrid?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Private Group Walking Tour: Secrets of Madrid?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Group Walking Tour: Secrets of Madrid?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Group Walking Tour: Secrets of Madrid
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMadridWalking Tours - ToledoHalf-day Tours - ToledoWalking Tours - SegoviaHalf-day Tours - SegoviaWalking Tours - ZaragozaHalf-day Tours - ZaragozaCategory
Barrio de SalamancaLas Rozas VillagePaseo de la CastellanaHard Rock Café MadridPlaza de la IndependenciaAndén CeroLa Esquina del BernabeuThyssen-Bornemisza Museum (Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza)Madrid Wax Museum (Museo de Cera de Madrid)Museum of Costume (Museo del Traje)Plaza de EspanaSan Fernando Royal Academy of Fine ArtMuseum of the Americas (Museo de América)Cerralbo Museum (Museo Cerralbo)Sobrino de BotínLope de Vega House Museum (Casa Museo Lope de Vega)La Cueva de LolaPlaza de OrienteCardamomo Tablao FlamencoLa Latina