- See the highlights of the Prado Museum’s incredible collection with an art expert guide
- Hear tales of King Charles III who commissioned the Prado to be built in the late 18th century
- Learn about influential European artists like Hieronymus Bosch and El Greco
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Departure & Return
Madrid City Tour Information Center, where Madrid City Tour red double decker buses stop.
What To Expect
Start your visit at 3pm outside the Prado, where you’ll meet your guide for the day and receive your priority-access admission to the museum, allowing you to jump right past the crowds and head straight inside.
This incredible art museum is one of Spain’s, and Europe’s, finest, covering more than 9,000 paintings plus numerous sculptures, drawings and prints. Learn about the museum’s founding as you wander with your guide. Originally devised by King Charles III in the 18th century, the collections housed in this neo-classical building soon outgrew the space available, resulting two-further expansions.
Follow your guide as you visit some of the museum’s top pieces in chronological order, beginning with a look at the work of Hieronymus Bosch including his The Garden of Earthly Delights and The Seven Deadly Sins. Proceed next on an exploration of the works of Spanish renaissance artist El Greco, whose output includes sculpture, architecture and painting. Learn about his unique style as evidenced in his work The Annunciation. Continue to view Las Meninas by Velazquez, considered by many to be one of the most iconic artworks in Western history. End your art tour with a look at The Family of Carlos IV by Francisco Goya, a work that includes an image of the artist himself — an unexpected decision at the time it was painted in the 19th century.
End your Prado visit inside the museum, where you can continue your exploration at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour operates with a maximum of 20 people
- On rare occasions, Prado Museum may be closed with little notice due to private functions taking place; impacted bookings will be offered an alternative date to visit or a full refund
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot
- Prado Museum visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Museum Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Most travelers can participate
- It is possible that some of the paintings that are in our program were not available, despite belonging to the permanent collections of the three museums, because it was assigned for some exhibition, in this case, would be replaced by another painting with a similar artistic value.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms