Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Combination tour: Haleakala sunset and 3-course dinner
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from most hotels
- View the volcanic crater from the Haleakala Visitor Center
- Avoid the sunrise crowds on Haleakala by visiting for sunset instead
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
After a stop at the Haleakala Park Visitor Center at about 7,000 feet (2,134m), make the final, winding, push towards the volcano’s magnificent summit. The crater overlook is just below the summit at 9,740 feet (2,969m), and there’s a good chance you’ll be one of the only people there. Gaze upon the colorful crater with its smooth, lunar cinder cones, and peer across the orange horizon to the peaks of the Big Island in the distance. After staying to watch the stars twinkle high above the volcano, descend the mountain for a 3-course meal near sea level at Café O’Lei. Meal options are both meat and vegetarian, and the evening concludes with a convenient drop-off right back at your hotel.
Sample Dinner Menu:
Kula green salad with papaya seed and lilikoi dressing (veg)
Portuguese bean soup
Top sirloin steak
Grilled vegetable Napoleon over quinoa with pesto and balsamic reduction (veg)
Fresh fruit sorbet
Warm brownie sundae
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- It is recommended that you dress warmly, as temperatures on the summit range from 20 to 40 degrees F (-6 to 4.5 degrees C)
- It is not guaranteed that the weather on the day of your tour will permit viewing of the sunset
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude. People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands