- Discover Maui's top outdoor attractions on this eco-themed excursion
- Visit the summit of Haleakala Volcano to explore the area's unique flora and fauna
- Learn about Hawaiian cultural history and Kepanwai Heritage Gardens
- Great way to discover the many outdoor delights of Maui
Departure & Return
Check in for your flight 90 minutes prior to your flight departure time. Get return boarding pass too at this time. Check-in for your helicopter in Hilo airport meet your tour guide at the tour bus pickup area located by baggage claim D. Depart Hilo for Maui.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once you reach the summit of Haleakala, you’ll spend the next hour exploring the unique plants and animals that call this national park area home. Enjoy sky-high views of Maui while learning about the one-of-a-kind Hawaiian ecosystem that gives the park its unique character.
Continue from Haleakala down to Hookipa Beach Park, a world-renowned windsurfing site and the frequent stomping grounds for a community of local sea turtles. Observe the graceful movements of the local windsurfers, take a few pictures and visit the turtles as they doze on a secluded stretch of sand.
Head next to Maui’s Iao Valley State Park, where you’ll discover Hawaii’s rich cultural history during a visit to Kepanwai Heritage Gardens. Hang out at this favorite locals’ spot, where you can learn about the various cultures that have given the islands their unique history and enjoy access to a stream where you can cool off with a short swim.
Finish the day by digging into a healthy, and delicious lunch, at Farmacy Health Bar before returning to your hotel by mid-afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress code - wear covered shoes
- On any given day, the temperatures in the park can down to 40°F
- please prepare for sudden change in weather
- poncho is recommended
- bring your own infant seats
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Need negative COVID19 testing within 72 hours of the tour date.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Dynamic Tour Maui
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Maui to Big Island : Big Island Volcano Helicopter Tour & Ground Tour.