- Scenic helicopter tour over west Maui and Molokai
- Soar above the beautiful landscape including Halawa Valley, the "Wall of Tears", dormant volcanoes, lava flows, tropical rainforests, waterfalls and coastline
- Enjoy breathtaking bird's eye views of Maui
- Learn about the fascinating history of Maui from an expert personal guide
Departure & Return
Come to the Kahului Heliport and Air Maui Helicopters is the last hanger on the left. ** Google Maps Plus Code VHRS8+2X **
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
From the moment you lift off from Kahului Heliport you’re surrounded by gorgeous views—from fields of green sugar beneath your feet to the turquoise northern shoreline. In the luxurious, 6-seat, A-star helicopter, cruise your way towards the knife-thin ridgelines of the rugged West Maui Mountains, while your expert pilot provides historical narration through the comfortable two-way headset.
As you buzz through the middle of the eroded volcano, soar past the famous “Wall of Tears” and its dozens of cascading falls, and see 1,100-foot (335-meter) Honokohau Falls—the tallest waterfall on Maui. When you exit the middle of the West Maui Mountains, you’ll fly above the white sand beaches of the island’s Kapalua coast, before crossing the whitecapped Pailolo Channel that separates Maui from Molokai. In winter, there’s an excellent chance you’ll see Humpback whales as they slowly cruise the channel—occasionally spouting, slapping their fins, or disappearing for a dive.
Upon reaching Molokai’s isolated coastline, one of the first sights you’ll see beneath you is Moku Ho’oniki rock. This islet was used for target practice by US military bombers, and is right offshore of Halawa Valley—the very first settlement on Molokai. As you whir across Halawa Valley, keep an eye out for Moa’ula Falls that spills through the back of the valley. Even more impressive is Kahiwa Falls, which drops 1,750 feet (533 meters) towards a black sand beach below. Finish the tour with a flight along the tallest sea cliffs in the world—an exclamation point on the tropical beauty you’ll see on this Maui helicopter tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 240 pounds or more, or combined weights of 420 lbs per couple, an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. It is important to provide accurate body weight at checkout.This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- It is recommend that all passengers wear dark clothing to help have less reflection in the windows when flying and therefore you can get better photos during your tour
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Flight routes & sights may vary due to weather.
- Infants under 24 months must sit on an adult lap. Over 24 months must occupy their own paid seat.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please contact Air Maui directly 808-877-7005 for your check in and departure time at least 72 hours prior to your flight!
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Air Maui Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by West Maui and Molokai 60-minute Helicopter Tour.