8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the hustle and bustle of Medellín for an 8-hour exploration of the charming villages and gorgeous scenery found in the surrounding Colombian region of Antioquia. Explore the sprawling mansions and rural environment of El Retiro on the outskirts of Medellín. Then visit El Peñol, a village that was displaced by the creation of the man-made lake Guatapé, before climbing the 700+ stairs of the massive El Peñol Rock. You’ll also enjoy a lakeside lunch in Guatapé (Zocalo Village) and pass through a series of quaint towns on your way back to the city. Your trip also covers admission tickets and activities, a driver-guide and round-trip hotel transport.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks, unless specified
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your AirBnB also, please provide full address and building name with apartment number
- Jose Marie Cordova Airport, Medellin Colombia
- Enrique Olaya Herrera Airport, Medellin Colombia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Guides are required to wear masks
- Travelers are required to wear masks
- Private groups, no interaction with other travelers
- Guides: Temperature is measured at the beginning of each working day
- Periodic disinfection of vehicles
- Use of antibacterial gel and alcohol
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Medellin City Services
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Guatape and Peñol Rock Full-Day Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Guatape and Peñol Rock Full-Day Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Guatape and Peñol Rock Full-Day Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Guatape and Peñol Rock Full-Day Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMedellínBus Tours - ArmeniaNature and Wildlife - ArmeniaEco Tours - ArmeniaFull-day Tours - ArmeniaBus Tours - BogotáNature and Wildlife - BogotáEco Tours - BogotáFull-day Tours - BogotáBus Tours - CartagenaNature and Wildlife - CartagenaEco Tours - CartagenaFull-day Tours - CartagenaCategory
Pueblito Paisa Puente de Occidente (Bridge of the West) San Pedro Cemetery Museum (Museo Cementerio San Pedro)Santo Domingo Savio Library (Biblioteca de España)Gardel PlazaMedellin Botanical GardenArvi Park and Piedras Blancas Park (Parque Arvi y Parque Piedras Blancas)Eje Cafetero (Coffee Axis)San Antonio PlazaExplora Park (Parque Explora)Medellín Metropolitan CathedralAntioquia Museum (Museo de Antioquia)Gardeliana Museum (Museo Casa Gardeliana)La Rueca RestaurantMedellín Planetarium (Planetario de Medellín)Lleras Park (Parque Lleras)MetrocableBarefoot Park (Parque Pies Descalzos)