- Dumpling walking tour in Melbourne
- Sample a variety of dumplings at different venues
- Enjoy a fun tasting experience and enough food for a meal
- Compare the dishes that your guide orders and choose your favorites
- Try Melbourne’s hottest chili sauce (if you can handle it!)
- Learn about the regions in China where each dumpling style originated
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Departure & Return
We meet outside a store called 'The Persian Grill' on the corner of Flinders Lane and Elizabeth St, Melbourne. Note: This is NOT the same as Flinders Street.
We end at our final venue, which is next to the tram stop on Bourke St and a 5-10 minute walk to Parliament train station.
What To Expect
Throughout the tour, stop in at different Chinese restaurants to sample their specialty dumplings. The succulent, doughy balls are a favorite dish among Melburnians and come in a wide variety of fillings and flavors. Compare tasting notes with your guide and fellow tour members as you dig into shared platters of the housemade delicacies. If you’re feeling brave, try a dumpling topped with the city’s hottest chili sauce!
Throughout the tour, devour enough dumplings for a light and satisfying meal. Part with your guide back in central Melbourne, where you can continue exploring the city’s dining scene and nightlife on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walk Melbourne Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Melbourne Dumpling Walking Tour.