45 minutes (Approx.)
Come face-to-face with adorable King and Gentoo penguins at Melbourne SEA LIFE Aquarium with this special penguin passport. Enjoy a 45-minute behind-the-scenes tour of the penguins’ icy habitat and learn all about the playful creatures, what they eat and how the zoo environment is set up to mimic that of Antarctica. This exclusive small-group tour is limited to just three people to ensure an intimate, memorable experience.
- Melbourne Aquarium behind-the-scenes tour and penguin encounter
- See King and Gentoo penguins in a simulated natural environment
- Spend time with the penguins inside their environment during an on-ice encounter
- Personal guided tour with behind-the-scenes access
- Exclusive small-group tour limited to three people
- Award winning Aquarium with state-of-the-art facilities
- Interactive and stunning visual displays
Saved to wishlist!
All use of equipment (ski suit, footwear, gloves)
Hot chocolate voucher redeemable at the Aquarium Cafe
Entry into Melbourne Aquarium for guests viewing the experience (separate entry will need to be paid)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age 14 (Guests under 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+)
- Must NOT have had contact with birds in the last 24 hours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Must be able to navigate stairs
- Must NOT wear jewelry or watches or take mobile phones or cameras on the tour
- Please arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to tour departure
- Most travelers can participate
- You must NOT have suffered from a flu /cold /gastro /respiration infection in the last 48 hours
- OPERATED BY Melbourne Aquarium
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Penguin Passport at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Penguin Passport at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Penguin Passport at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Penguin Passport at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesMelbourneNature and Wildlife - VictoriaAttractions & Museums - VictoriaNature and Wildlife - Yarra ValleyAttractions & Museums - Yarra ValleyNature and Wildlife - BallaratAttractions & Museums - BallaratCategory
Como House and GardenCooks' CottagePolly WoodsideHotel EsplanadeMelbourne Regent TheatreRod Laver ArenaMelbourne Sports & Aquatic CentreHosier LaneImmigration MuseumRippon Lea EstateArtVoMelbourne ChinatownShrine of RemembranceChurchill IslandYarra RiverMelbourne SouthgateSouth WharfSunny Ridge Strawberry FarmMoonlit Sanctuary LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne